This year, the Greater Decatur Churches are working together to sell pumpkins on the campus of North Decatur United Methodist Church. The Pumpkin Patch will be open daily until 7:00 pm through October 31 or until we sell out. All proceeds benefit UMCOR - the United Methodist Committee on Relief - to help victims of hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Brunch & Silent Auction | Wednesday, October 25
The Growing Strong brunch and silent auction benefits Breakthru House, where women break through from addiction to recovery. Our Keynote Speaker will be Bishop Sue Haupert-Johnson of the North Georgia Conference of United Methodist Church. Mistress of Ceremony is Jennifer Leslie, 11Alive NBC reporter. Event will be held in our Fellowship Hall.
- Coffee and Silent Auction: 10:00am
- Brunch and Program: 10:30am
- Tickets: $60/person or $480 for table of 8
- Sherrese Jordan: email@example.com | 404-284-4658, ext. 3
Honduras Mission Team
Become part of the missional journey at Decatur First UMC as we serve in Honduras: February 10-17, 2018. Come see God’s work in the Agalta Valley and meet new friends. If you have been on past Honduras Mission trips, please consider a follow-up visit. For questions or interest, please email Barbara McCullough: firstname.lastname@example.org
October Mission-Atlanta Community Food Bank
The Decatur First family will collect the following items for the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Place items at the back of the sanctuary and they will be brought to the church office. For more information, email Nathan Rowell: email@example.com
- canned vegetables (low sodium or no sodium added)
- canned tuna, chicken or salmon (in water)
- canned or dried beans, peas or lentils (low sodium)
- canned or dried fruit (in juice or water)
- whole grain pasta and flour, brown rice, barley, quinoa, whole grain cereal
- plain oatmeal
- shelf-stable milk (dairy, soy, rice, etc.)
- 100% fruit or vegetable juice
- natural peanut butter (plastic containers only)
- olive or canola oil (plastic containers only)
Those who wish to support the work of UMCOR as it responds are encouraged to give to UMCOR’s US Disaster Response Advance #901670. Please pray for those impacted by this storm.